Categories

Friday, June 6, 2014

as if there is a full stop to where words take me

Ripples
swell my contours
amidst conversations draped casual
as I envelope the events emerging
from folds of time into
a minute swinging the present and a past

How I steal
time to confront
when left to count the autumn petals
sowed in black and white snippets

The wind flutters
gathering the ‘news’ for me
while I succumb to dictated ironies
of my four year old’s innocence

Often more than not
I journey with words
and yet
fail to quantify or perhaps, qualify
(as if it can be done so)

How some are left
to drift
with that faraway boat
disappearing into the horizon

If only
I could paint the contrasts
on a window
halved to open and close together
the sunrise and sunset
the unseen void lives accepted
light streams in, nevertheless



MeetingTheBar ~ When words fail


I have drifted, let me confess. Began somewhere, went somewhere and ended somewhere. Too many 'news' in my family. i think it tends to trickle in.

11 comments:

  1. Wonderful to have you back after a long time !, words are flowing beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So often we fail to choose just the right words, I think. We don't qualify or quantify enough to make our meanings understandable. I like the part about words drifting with that faraway boat and disappearing into the horizon. That describes what sometimes happens perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the feeling of needing to qualify is not a fun one...as if you are inadequate....that last stanza is my fav as it really captures the feel for me....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your confession at the end of your post really connects with the overall theme> When words fail… I like the idea of painting with contrasts, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. smiles... there's nothing wrong with drifting in your writing... i do this a lot and tend to mix all the things that happened during the day into my poems... it is what makes them real

    ReplyDelete
  6. So often painting the big things can only be done by looking at what's reflected in the small things

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely close there especially with the window frame and you've given us a window. I think I owe you a book. I am sorry! I'm not good with mail and my life has hardly been my own. Agh. Will check. K.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well conveyed thoughts.....enjoyed reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed your drifting words specially the ending stanza ~ Some days I find it hard to put into words my thoughts too ~

    ReplyDelete
  10. True. Sometimes words just can't contain all the truth and beauty around us. I love this part - Often more than not
    I journey with words
    and yet
    fail to quantify or perhaps, qualify
    (as if it can be done so)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I liked your drifting Akila..very nice:)

    ReplyDelete

Brickbats and bouquets, both are welcome!