Categories

Sunday, December 30, 2012

PLAIN VANILLA

A dollop of ice cream
Rendered faintly fragrant
Sans nuts and sauces
Peacefully white.

The essence subtly rules
Bubbling now and then
Amidst dappled additives
Vanilla!! It Reverberated.

Preserving equanimity
Through meandering life
In mindless vagaries
Fruitless pursuits.

Could the self be such?
Carrying a clean slate
For an onslaught, of
Myriad hues, coterie of strokes.

Soaked in worldly ways and woes,
I seek the mirror
To reflect me, myself
In a swarm of ephemeral facets.

Who am I? What am I?
Braided lay my thoughts
Minced words oscillate in vain
To silence my soporific stare.

Wish I set the tottering scales
‘Karma’ stands as my sole guide
Over crunched emotions
Over smothering apprehensions
No more abraded by misplaced perceptions
No more chained with expectations
As plain as Vanilla.

Shared with  Poet's United-135

7 comments:

  1. There's really nothing wrong with plain vanilla, although many would have us believe otherwise. Enjoy!

    Beggar and Buddha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mark!!

      welcome to my space. very true!nothing wrong with plain vanilla. It is not even a choice by perception. It remains my favourite, though. :)

      Akila

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed your reflections and also your optimistic ending. There is a lot to be said for the basics....and for plain vanilla.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary!

      welcome to my space. thank you for the appreciation.:)

      Akila

      Delete
  3. As plain as vanila...love this and the thoughtful poem in whole. "Could the self be such?
    Carrying a clean slate
    For an onslaught, of
    Myriad hues," is a line I will not forget. I think of all our opportunities to add to the vanila if we choose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Judy Roney!

      Welcome to my space. If we only we codl emulate the vanilla in spirit....:)

      Glad to have you here, thank you

      Akila

      Delete
  4. Yes, can we be like that one single flavour? Nice thought.. :)

    ReplyDelete

Brickbats and bouquets, both are welcome!